Our Greatest Treasures

Our Greatest Treasures

Wednesday, September 10, 2008







Twenty seven years ago in January, my dear husband rushed me to the doctor in Lansing from Perry MI, because I was having some very unusual problems. My "problem" it turned out was that I was pregnant at 35,~~~ five years after our third son Daniel and at a time that we would never have any more children!!! After laying flat in bed for three months, the pregnancy became more normal. But within those very pregnant months, we traveled from Perry MI to Huntington WV to candidate at a church there and then on to Iowa to perform the wedding of Marcia Frier and Eric Strattan on July 4th. Daniel was their "ring BEAR"--he thought.



We left Perry MI to go to that church on August 29th of 1981 and on this date, September 10th in 1981, our dear daughter Angela Joy was born. There were many funny stories surrounding the birth, but one of the funniest was to see Bill and the Doc (with a very country accent) standing beside my bed in the labor room in their suits and ties and the Doc slowly saying,


"one more push and we'll head to the delivery room" ---but one more push and Angela was here. I didn't believe them that she was a girl after having had three wonderful sons!! She has been a blessing to all of us thru these years. Thank you God and keep her walking close and relying on You ALWAYS!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY






Have a wonderful day my sweet daughter!!

6 comments:

Ang said...

Thank you mom.

You did all the work for me to have a birthday :)

And thanks for the lunch and TCBY!

Kim said...

I am thankful for the birth of this wonderful young woman as well.

Not sure how you did it, but you raised a thoughtful, loving, talented, artistic, beautiful daughter.

My life is better for knowing her.

Suz said...

Angela and Gloria,

YOU are 2 of my favorite women! I'm not sure I ever told you that...but I love you and your families. I love to read your updates and peek into your lives through your blogs. Happy Birthday Angela....good work/pleasure Gloria...you have no idea how much joy you have both brought into my life....Love you sooooo....

Rhonda said...

What a sweet tribute! I didn't know the details about your pregnancy...that must have been crazy! I remember when she was so ill at age 4 or 5 and how much we prayed for her...and how God brought her through and how beautiful she is today. :) It was special to see you guys the other day.

Kate Rudd said...

She's easy to love. :)
This is a great post.

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of those things... Angela has been such a loving fun person to hang around it has been so much fun being her friend through High School and beyond.