Our Greatest Treasures

Our Greatest Treasures

Monday, January 16, 2006

Only four more days and we are going to the other side of the world to teach the wonderful Word of God to people who cannot read or write but are hungry to hear about the Savior they are thankful for. I feel that many of these people live in the "uttermost parts of the world"!! It is extremely primitive. We are so priviledged to have this opportunity to love them in many ways--but it is so frightening to me to feel that I have this great mission but am so so inadequate for the job. Joan and I are going to have to teach thru 2 interpretors--English to Thai to Acka. We need the dear Holy Spirit of God to take the words we say and make them understandable to these young believers.

We are also teaching 70 children at night--I have found some great stories and I think we may only need one interpretor for them because they learn to speak Thai in their schools. We have all kinds of fun presents we are bringing them, but they need so much--at least according to our living standards they need so much more.
We will be in Bankok, Chaingmai and Chaingrai Thailand for 10 days. Besides the teaching, we will be able to visit 2 orphanages with some gifts and see if any of these children are adoptable. If you are reading this and I doubt that many can or will because "no one knows I am here"??---please pray for us.

1 comment:

sonshinejudi said...

I now have a blog of my own. I came to read your blog and wanted to post and it made me create an account. Glad to see you had some down time so you could blog. Just know that you are really never alone!